Thursday, January 13, 2011

Update on Brookie

Brooke was up again all last night with a high fever that wouldn't go down and she was obviously struggling to breathe. I sure didn't sleep very much because I was so worried about her!

I had a gut feeling that she wasn't okay so I took her in to her pediatrician (because we had gone to the Walk In on Wednesday) and sure enough, her bronchitis has turned into full fledged pneumonia. Poor princess! They were going to send her for a chest X-Ray but the doctor said that the treatment would be the same regardless so he didn't want to put her through that. He gave her a stronger antibiotic along with some medications for the breathing machine. I'm hoping to have my happy, healthy, energetic girl back in no time!

Heaven help me if there's more sickness lurking next week. We've been put through the ringer!

No comments: