Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Returning to Normal

I am happy to report that my girls are getting back to their normal selves! Brooke still has a nasty cough and runny nose, along with some occasional wheezing, but she's pretty much got all of her energy back. Adrienne still struggles with her breathing and requires nebulizer treatments from time to time but her other symptoms are almost all gone. I'm so glad that we're done with fevers and being up all night!

Today was a VERY exciting day because we got out of the house! We just went to Target and got popcorn and walked around. Ah, the simple things in life! We also went to my sister's house for lunch and the girls were thrilled to be able to play with their cousins again. There was virtually no fighting between all the kids (a rarity) and I could tell that absence really had made all of their hearts grow fonder.

Another wonderful thing about today was that we actually got to go to church again! We're used to being there twice a week and it had been almost 2 weeks since we had gone. It was nice to receive so many warm welcomes from everyone and to feel missed. I also got to play the piano again which was wonderful because I always hate not being able to be there to play.

Ya know, it occurred to me mid-post that I'm probably jinxing myself here! There are all sorts of nasty viruses and bugs going around and I'm just praying that my girls don't catch any of them. I'm not sure that I'm up for another 2 weeks cooped up with sick girls. I tell ya, it's so hard to keep them healthy in the winter months!

No comments: