Thursday, November 15, 2007

My BIG, 9-Month-Old Girl

Happy 9-month birthday to Miss Brooke!! I absolutely cannot believe that she's only 3months shy of being 1. It's so unbelievable how fast these months have flown by. What a great ride it's been so far. It is so weird to me how 9 months of pregnancy drags and drags, but when you have a 9-month-old you have no idea where the time went. Yes, Brooke keeps me moving and plenty busy and I think that's what makes the days pass.

I have enjoyed being her mom more than I could ever put into words or express. There are so many priceless gifts that motherhood comes with. Being a mom is a conglomeration of the little smiles your child gives you, the fun, silly times and even the hard times. All of these things together make being a mom a true learning experience and such a joy.

I've decided that out of 9 whole months of Brooke's life, my most favorite thing has to be nursing her. I love bath time, kisses and hugs, playing with her toys, etc... But nothing melts my heart more than when she's looks up at me in the middle of eating and smiles or coos. Every single time she eats I get to sit down with her, relax, and realize how very lucky I am that I am the only person in the universe that she wants right then and there.

I am so amazed at how God took a tiny speck that started in my belly and grew her into this vibrant little baby girl who is my world. God is good and I praise Him for the amazing gift He gave me when He gave me Brooke. She is such a wonderful blessing!

No comments: