Friday, November 16, 2007

My Saintly Husband

My husband cracks me up. He's just such a good, honest guy... To the point of almost annoying me sometimes. Lol! I just have to share a hilarious story about my day shopping with him today. I'm still laughing about what he did!

So, we were looking for comforters because I really want a new one. My birthday's a few weeks away so he and I have been searching for the perfect one for him to get for me. We were in Macy's and my eyes affixed on this beautiful, amazingly soft, elegant comforter set that was priced at $269. There was then a sign next to it that said, "On sale for $169." We really didn't think that that was a bad price because comforters aren't cheap. Then I spotted a little red sticker on the bedding that said $79. Of course I got very excited because who doesn't want to save $200????? I brought it up to the lady to ask about the discrepancy between the 2 prices and she said that the $79 was a mistake but because someone messed it up she would have to honor that price. This is the funny part... John said, "Oh no, ma'am. We're willing to pay the actual price. People make mistakes and there's no reason that we shouldn't pay the correct price for it." Meanwhile, I'm pinching him and trying to get him to shut up. HA!

After we walked away he ended up telling me that he didn't want to get me the comforter today anyways because he wanted to go and find me the perfect birthday present himself. How sweet! He's just so thoughtful! However, I'm still kicking myself.. AND HIM.. every time I think about how amazingly cheap I could have gotten a new bed set. I think it's probably best for me to forget about it because I still can't believe that we missed out. I LOVE a bargain.

Speaking of bargain, I got Brooke $25 worth of clothes at Macy's for $5.80. Does it get any better than that?? I'm thinking NO!

Another exciting thing... Annie, the musical, is coming to a theater near us!!!! It's an off-Broadway performance so I know it will be amazing. I love Annie. I know all the songs by heart, of course. John bought me a ticket for my birthday and we also bought my sister and my sister-in-law, Sarah, a ticket for Christmas. So not only do I get to go see something that I love, but I also get to treat my 2 favorite girls AND get out with them for the evening. I can't wait! I'm nervous about leaving Brooke. The show's at 7:30 and she goes down anywhere from 7-8, so she should be sleeping for most of the time anyways, but still. Sarah already said that she wouldn't let me worry. She'd keep my mind off of it.

Okie dokie, Brooke's out so I'm going to go relax with my silly husband before he heads into work later on tonight.

No comments: