Sunday, November 11, 2007

Yearning For Another One, Part 2

John's aunt had a baby boy around 6 weeks ago. I had seen pictures of him and heard stories about him, but I never realized how precious he was until today when I met him for the first time. He was absolutely perfect. How special!

They don't live around here so I was just sure everyone would want to be passing Mr. Liam around, but much to my surprise I got to hold him twice for extended periods of time. Everyone was really gracious and "shared" him with me. He's only 11 pounds (which to me seems so tiny) and all he wants to do is sleep, cuddle, and be held. I had totally forgotten what that felt like because all Brooke wants to do is go, go, go and be put down.

I also got to change Liam's diaper and put him in his PJ's. It was so easy dressing him compared to chasing Brooke all over the house for a diaper change. Lol! You would think that I wouldn't want to "help" with a baby, but it felt so good! I haven't really had too much exposure to babies that are younger than Brooke since she's been born and it felt awesome to have some confidence in myself while handling a new baby. Yes, Miss Brooke has taught me a ton!

The whole time I was holding Liam I kept feeling bad for Brooke. Mind you, she was off playing and happy. It's weird though, I felt like I was being a bad mom or neglecting her by enjoying another baby. Liam's wonderful and amazing and all that, but nobody in the universe could ever replace my Brookie. I'm sure she knows that. Right? Holy cow, I better deal with these feelings now or else baby number 2 will really cause me issues!

Brooke didn't want too much to do with the baby. She was captivated by everything else that was going on around her. She did pat the baby's head at one point but other than that, she could have cared less he was there. My sister-in-law did get a really cute picture of me holding both Liam and Brooke. I should steal it from her and post it on here.

On a totally unrelated note, we're now NOT moving. It's a really long story but to make it short, we couldn't close on the house we were going to buy until mid-January so the guy that was selling it decided he would just move back into it. Trust me, it's more complicated than that, but the details don't really matter too much at this point. Our house is essentially sold to John's brother so we need to start looking for a house. There's not a whole lot out there right now so wish us luck. The fun begins!

No comments: