Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sick of Being Sick:-(

Brooke's doing pretty well now! She's sounding a lot better, sleeping great, and acting generally happy. She does have that nasty cough and runny nose still but I'll take it compared to how she was a few days ago!

As for me, I'm still really having a hard time. I have asthma so any time I get any type of cold it just messes up my lungs so bad. I went to the doctor today because I was so dizzy and out of it and they said that there wasn't enough oxygen in my blood. They also said that my heart was beating MUCH too fast and I had to confess that I had been overdosing on my inhalers. Sad, I know. I'm suppossed to take 2 puffs of an inhaler every 4 hours and I've been taking 2 puffs at least every half hour. I'm sorry, but it beats not being able to breathe. So, anyways, they gave me a breathing treatment and they put me on steriods to try to clear up my lungs. The steroids are great but they make me hungry, sick to my stomach, and very emotional. I always hate taking them. I got back from the doctor's only to not be able to breathe yet AGAIN, so I went back in for another treatment.

I wish that I could sit here and say that I was better but I'm still gasping for breath. I don't understand this. Usually steroids alone kick in within hours, but to have steroids AND 2 breathing treatements and still not be able to breathe is crazy to me. I sure hope that I can sleep tonight because this is really getting old. I'm sick and tired of this and I can't put up with being a subpar mom. My baby and husband NEED me. This is ridiculous...

Ok, well I'm off to rest and try to feel better. Please be praying for me. I'm frustrated...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor girl hope you feel lots better today. love you.