Wednesday, November 21, 2007

She's Sick AGAIN:-(

My poor little baby has yet another cold. This is so frustrating! She was just getting rid of the last one and her cough was finally on it's way out of town. Unfortunately it seems like we're now back to where we started from.

Last night she woke up at around 12:30 with a really, really stuffy nose and from that point on she was awake many times throughout the night. I had to suction her nose and nurse her in an upright position. Lucky for me, though, the last cold gave me some knowledge of how to handle her stuffiness better. I guess I can be thankful for that. She woke up this morning with an extremely running nose and it's been dripping ever since. Of course she's very grumpy and she's having a hard time sleeping too. This is no fun for any of us... Especially Miss Brooke. Luckily (knock on wood!) I'm not sick this time.

She was so pitiful and grumpy today that I felt completely helpless. Man, my heart breaks when my baby is sick. I can't describe it. Anyways, I don't usually rock her to sleep, but I just sat in her room and rocked her, prayed over her, and nursed her. Though I don't want her to depend on me to rock and/or nurse her to sleep, I thought it was important to love on her a little extra tonight. I sure hope that she stays sleeping for awhile. I have some baking to do for tomorrow.

Well, off to make Jello Pretzel Salad and Coconut Custard Pies. The fun begins...

No comments: