Saturday, November 3, 2007

So, It Looks Like We're Moving!

After all of the hassle of having our house on and off the market, John and I had decided that we would just wait for a bit and then re continue our search for a bigger house. We were disappointed at the time because we really fell in love with the house we placed an offer on, but we figured that God knew better than us and we would just let it go.

A few weeks ago my brother-in-law, Josh, (John's brother) decided that he was really serious about buying our house. He's getting married next year and he needs somewhere to start off. So, he's been going through all of the ropes of being financed for a home and it now looks like it will all be working out for everyone. It is actually working out as good as it possibly can for us because now we don't have to pay a realtor commission, which would have been 6% of what we're selling our house for. See, God really knows best!

It's so weird because as soon as Josh became serious about wanting to buy our house, the house we had been trying to buy was taken off the market. John and I were so frustrated because there was nothing else out there that really caught our eye. So, John did a brave thing and called the man who took his home off of the market. I guess the guy said that he was sick of trying to sell it and that he was going to move back into it. About 20 minutes after John got off of the phone with this man, the man called him back and asked if we were really serious about buying it. Long story short, we go to sign papers tomorrow and it looks like we'll be moving by the end of the month. WOW...

Our house now has 900 square feet and this house has 2,500 square feet. It also has a den - which we're going to use for a play room/office, a formal dining room, a huge kitchen and living room, 2 bathrooms, and 3 enormous bedrooms. It's a two story home and it has a rap around porch. It has so much potential to be our home for the next 20+ years.

Even though this new house that we're getting has so many great features, I can't seem to stop feeling sad about leaving my little, cozy home that I have now. I have the most amazing memories here. I'll never forget coming home from our honeymoon and opening up all of our wedding gifts on our living room floor of THIS house. Our first night here was amazing too because for the first time I felt like I was actually an adult living in my own home. I also have amazing memories of our first holidays together, my water breaking in our bedroom of THIS house, and bringing Brookie home from the hospital in THIS house. We've spent countless hours and dollars into personalizing THIS house. The room that will make me the most sad to leave is Brooke's room. I'll never forget going to pick out the things to decorate her room and make it a beautiful place for her. Above all, I come here and I know that this is my home and that I can relax and feel safe. However, now that we're moving, I just feel so uprooted and anxious over how I'll adjust to living somewhere different.

I know that I will make amazing memories in our new house and that I'll bring the rest of my babies home to that house. I just don't think that I'll ever have the same "affections" for any other house as I will have for my first house. I suppose it's normal to feel this way. I know that I'm being emotional about this all but before I know it I'll be adjusted and loving my new house.

OK, enough of my moping. Lol! I have so much to be thankful for. I'm off to watch Spider Man 3 with John. If that doesn't cheer me up, nothing will:-)

1 comment:

Alison said...

It will definitely be a big adjustment, but I just know that everything will work out. And you will have your memories of your first house! I guess the plus side to this all is that your brother-in-law will own the house, so you can visit anytime you like!

I'll be here to help with the move!