Friday, July 24, 2009

The Almost Impossible Morning

I had the worst start to my day today. Seriously, it's amazing that I actually got out of the house! I needed to run out to Target and get the girl's some diapers so of course I started our normal morning routine of getting dressed, fixing our hair, eating breakfast, brushing our teeth, etc... I'm not sure about anyone else, but mornings in my house are the craziest time of the day. Adrienne doesn't nurse all night so she usually likes to eat, eat, eat in the mornings and that kind of slows us down. She's also particularly fussy in the mornings and Brooke is always a little bit demanding to have her breakfast right on cue.

We were just about to cross the finish line to the front door when I heard my freshly bathed Adrienne making a sound. I looked over at her and she had covered herself, her clothes, and her car seat in tons and tons of throw up. This is not extremely abnormal in our house so I kept my composure. I stripped her down and gave her another bath and then put her in her bouncy seat while I ran upstairs and picked her out a new outfit. Before I came back downstairs, I heard her coughing and I was almost afraid to look at her because I KNEW that cough. As luck would have it, she threw up all over the place... again... Except for that this time it managed to get all over her bouncy seat and the carpet. I had no choice but to throw her in the tub again because she was pretty well soaked. Finally, after three attempts to leave, we made it out the door. What a morning! She hasn't thrown up again so far (Knock on wood!!!!) but I'm kind of scared every time she makes a sound.

So, where was Brooke during our morning fiasco? Let's see... She was standing on her "potty train" at the bathroom sink putting her "contacts" in. Lol! That kept her busy for quite some time but the rest of the time she was right by my side at the kitchen sink standing on a chair so she could help me bathe Adrienne. I consider myself blessed that Brooke is so easy going and compliant because on mornings like this, I wouldn't be able to do it!

Luckily my dad was free this afternoon so we rode to Target together and then we met my mom out for lunch. It's amazing how helpful grandparents can be with kids, isn't it? They just have the magic touch and I'm always thankful for the extra hands.

Okay, I'm off to go clean up the remnants of this morning. It should be a real blast, let me tell ya!

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

Dontcha just love vomit on the carpet?!