Friday, July 31, 2009

Shots are Tough!

Adrienne had her shots yesterday and I'm amazed at how horribly she's reacting to them. Brooke always used to be extra groggy that day and the next day resume life as normal, but Miss Adrienne, on the other hand has been miserable.

For starters, she had a hard time going down last night. She always goes down effortlessly, too, so it was a big change for her. She slept from 9-3:30, which isn't bad in and of itself, but considering that she always sleeps until 6 or 7, that's not too great. When she woke up at 3:30, she was miserable and very, very upset. I brought her into bed with me to nurse and we both drifted off to sleep.

When John woke up at 6 to head to work, I reached over and felt that Adrienne was pretty warm. I took her temperature and it was 101 so I went downstairs to get some Tylenol for her, only to find that we were OUT. I thought I had a back-up bottle of it, but as it turns out, that was Ibuprofen. AHH! I quickly dressed myself and ran to the gas station before John left and spent 8 dollars on a silly little bottle of Tylenol. 8 dollars????!?!!?!?!? If that's not highway robbery then what is??

Adrienne has been off all day today, too.... Screaming out of nowhere, not sleeping well, and running a fever every time the medicine wears off. I called the doctor and he said that this is normal for 24-48 hours. Ugh:-( I wish I could magically help her feel better NOW.

Brooke's waking up from her nap and I promised her that we would make cookies, so cookie time it is!

No comments: