Thursday, July 23, 2009

Random Stuff

It's been a pretty busy week around here, as usual, but everything is going really well in our camp! I can't express how happy and content I am with my life right now. I'm crazy in love with my husband and totally smitten over my daughters and everything else just seems to fall into place after that. I would have never guessed that I could be this adjusted to being a mother of two after only 8 short weeks, but the transition has been seamless (Or close to it)!

Brooke has just gotten so big lately. I'm not sure why I feel this way about her right now but I really do. She's been wearing her hair up in a ponytail sometimes, which makes her look about 13, and she's also been articulating her feelings very well. She has always had amazing verbal skills but now that she can exress what's on her mind, it has helped me "get" her more. She's very caring and sensitive but she also has enough spunk and a sense of humor to even her out. Man, I love that kid!

Brooke has all of the signs of readiness for potty training (according to everything I've read) and so my plan was to stay in this week and just DO it. Well... After day 1 was a bit discouraging, we got busy with life and kind of dropped the ball. This is SO FRUSTRATING. She'll tell you if she needs to go potty but always, always misses the toilet. She'll get there ONE day, I suppose!

The only negative thing that I would have to note about Brookie right now would be her sleeping issues. I do NOT know what her deal is but when we put her to bed, she screams, "Ma-meeeeeeeeeeeee, Da-deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I WANT YOU." Some nights this goes on for like 20 minutes or more and it's so frustrating. We haven't been going in her room AT ALL the last couple of nights, regardless of her tantrums, and she's been passing out just a little bit quicker. She's also been waking up very early (around 6) and screaming for John. Thankfully she'll always fall back asleep if we bring her in our room.

Adrienne has turned into the sweetest baby! Those first weeks with her had me wondering but she's such a content baby now. She coos and giggles and smiles all day and it is so incredible to see her little personality unfold. She's nursing like a champ... Very efficiently, too, so her nursing sessions seem very short to me. She also sleeps through the night every single night!!!! Last night she slept from 9 to 6:15 this morning. You just can't beat it! I've recently learned that she does better if I put her to bed semi-awake she'll got down much better than if she goes totally to sleep first. I'm not sure why that is but that's what she likes. She's a thumb sucker and I think that her ability to soothe herself with it is my biggest help in the sleeping area!

I don't think I have anything else to report on so I think I'm going to go do some work. There's ALWAYS something for me to be doing around this house!

No comments: