Thursday, July 16, 2009

VBS Mania

I haven't been able to get on the computer this week because we have had Vacation Bible School (VBS) going on at our church since Sunday night. I'm not really sure why I volunteered to make and coordinate the dinners each night, but somehow I did. Lol! I've been doing it every year since I was 12 and the thought of just giving up my spot this year made me kind of sad, so I decided to do it.... With my two small children in tow. I've had lots of help from people at church with the girls, which has been nice, but each day has been so, so long because we have had to be at the church at 3:30 to get dinner cooking. John also has a job at VBS and Brooke has a class that she goes to so we don't leave until after 8. Tomorrow night is the last night and then we'll have our life back!!

It's been kind of bittersweet this year because Brooke's old enough to be "one of the kids." Last year they had a class for her, but she was still too young to go outside and eat with the rest of kids at dinner time. This year, however, she and Nathan go out under the big tent and eat with all the big kids. They look so big out there, yet so little, all at once and it breaks my heart! Luckily I have been outside serving dinner each night so I can keep close tabs on my princess (and Nathan, too!).

Adrienne has been doing great this week, despite our hectic schedule. She is just full of coos and smiles and she has tolerated the heat and busyness of VBS very well! She continues to sleep through the night for 8-9 hours but she takes FOREVER to go to bed. She was staying up until about 10 each night, but the last couple of nights it's been progressively later. Last night she was up until midnight. UGH! Something's got to give here, Miss Adrienne! I would rather her go to bed at like 8 or 9 and wake up at 2 or something, rather than sleep through the night, but we all know that babies don't let us pick their sleeping schedule. Now wouldn't that be nice??

I'm off to enjoy some time with my wonderful husband... And of course, with Adrienne, too, because she's WIDE AWAKE!!

2 comments:

Tiff said...

Sling, sling, sling!! I can't wait to see you now. I bet Adrienne would love a sling. It's one of the only ways Molly will fall asleep.

rccalyn said...

Haha, Arianna has the same problem! Most nights she keeps me up til midnight. She's perfectly happy though, just doesn't want to sleep yet! She almost always sleeps for 12 hours once she falls asleep. I just want to start that 12 hours sooner! Last night was good though - 10pm!