Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy July 4Th!

Our 4Th of July festivities started last night. We took the girls to the fair in John's hometown and then to the fireworks. Adrienne, the baby who screams every evening at home, was completely happy and content and slept right through the fireworks without making so much as peep. Unbelievable! Maybe we should have fireworks every night? Lol! Brookie initially refused to look at the fireworks and held on tightly to John's mom saying, "Here come the booms!" Eventually she was persuaded to look at them and she ultimately ended up having a great time. Phew! Because our girls were with their grandparents, John and I were actually able to cuddle up together on the back of his dad's truck and watch the fireworks "alone." Even though our whole family was there, it was nice to have a couple of minutes to just be together and enjoy the tradition that we've had every year since we've been together. What a great night!

This morning John unfortunately had to work but I took the girls to the parade. Brooke was such a ham and went crazy over the candy that they were throwing at us! She even learned to turn on the charm and wave at the people so they threw even MORE candy her way. Such a silly girl! We had a really nice morning and the only thing that could have made it better would have been if John could have been there.

I am especially excited because Adrienne is wearing Brooke's outfit from her first 4Th of July. I took some pictures that I'll post on Facebook, but I will probably be too lazy to put them on here.

Tonight we have a barbecue at my mom's house and then tomorrow we're cooking out at our house. It should be a nice close to a wonderful weekend. I hope everyone else is enjoy the holiday as much as we are!

1 comment:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

We didn't see you today at the parade!!! We were in front of my moms house...you should have came down! Glad you had a good 4th! I really want to plan that play date soon! Unfortunately this week I could only do friday because my parents foreign exchange student is visiting and we're going to the city wed and thurs. But text me and maybe we can plan for friday or the following week! :0)