Monday, July 20, 2009

There Goes My Motivation... RIGHT DOWN THE DRAIN!

I am so discouraged right now! About 2 weeks ago I had decided that I wanted to start a serious diet and exercise plan. Honestly, I was feeling really good about my postpartum body because all of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit and I have lost all of the baby weight.. In pounds, anyway (nevermind the excess flub in certain areas!). Even though those things are encouraging, I still could stand to be thinner and if nothing else, MUCH more fit. Being healthy is a lifestyle and I was really excited that I was finally on that road. I joined SparkPeople.Com and I was eating great and waking up before the girls in the morning so I could do my aerobics. In my first week, I lost 5 pounds. I felt SO GOOD about myself... Better than I have in a long time.

Somehow, I managed to hurt my ankle last week and that has brought operation "get-Jillian-fit" to a screeching halt:-( My sister says that it's probably because I didn't wear shoes during my aerobics and I tend to agree with her because I don't remember a distinct time when I actually hurt it. Starting Tuesday of last week my foot was sore but I kept pressing on and exercising through the pain. I figured that the "no pain, no gain" mantra was probably true. As of last Wednesday, exercise has become impossible and it kills me to simply walk around the house or to be on my ankle at all. It's all swollen and right now it's throbbing, despite the fact that I'm sitting. I'm frustrated about this whole situation because I was really doing SO well and being so faithful to my exercise routine. Those grueling 30 minutes a day were so tough on me but I was learning to physically and mentally get through them. Now, when I'm able to start back up again, I'll have no choice but to start from square one.

I'm a very willful and stubborn person and I'm hoping that that is just enough to keep me trekking on this road to a healthier me. I must say, however, that as this very moment I'm VERY discouraged and it seems impossible to ever become this motivated and excited about exercise again. How unfortunate!

1 comment:

Alison said...

You'll get back on track! Just give your ankle some time to heal first.