Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Missed Milestones

I have been too busy to sit down and write over the last couple of days so I managed to miss two very important occasions-

For starters, Sunday was my dad's birthday. We had a very nice cookout at my parent's house that night to celebrate. It was a lot of fun having everyone together! I just want to note just how much my dad means to me. I feel so blessed to have such an authentic, Godly, and loving man of integrity as my father. He's been my pastor for my whole life and it's been such a blessing to see him practicing what he preaches day in and day out. Not many people are that lucky! My dad is always there to bail me out while John is working or to lend a helping hand. He provides an amazing example of how to live the Christian life, raise Godly children, and maintain a loving marriage. He is extremely generous with ALL of his resources.. His time, his money, and his abilities. I am so thankful for my dad!!! Happy Birthday, Daddy!

I also missed Adrienne's two-month birthday yesterday. I just can't believe that my tiny little baby is already two months old! She coos, giggles, and smiles like nobody's business. She always seems to be kicking her feet and sucking her thumb. It's just her signature look:-) She goes down WIDE AWAKE for her naps and for bed and she continues to sleep 10+ hours every single night. I'm not quite sure how I lucked out with TWO easy babies, but I sure did. Yesterday, Brookie and I were playing with blocks on the floor so I had Adrienne on her play mat. I got up to get a tissue and when I came back, Adrienne was sound asleep, sucking on her thumb. Sleep is like NO issues for her whatsoever. She has a vibrant little personality that is starting to come out and I love that little glimmer in her eye that tells me that she's going to give me a run for my money. Lol! She's getting so big but I'm really, really excited for the various stages that are still ahead of us. It's so much fun watching my girls grow! We go on Thursday for her two-month check-up and I can't wait to hear just how big she is!

In other news, our dumb dog, Chippper, had been staying with John's parents since the day before Adrienne was born. So, after two months, he was returned to us yesterday:-( Luckily we installed an electric fence so he is able to run free because I would NOT be able to manage that huge dog and two girls by myself. He and I don't have a very good relationship so I'm dreading the transition to life with Chipper again but John loves him so it looks like I'm stuck. I'm working on my attitude but I HATE HIM. Wish me luck because I'm going to need it.

Alrighty, both of my princesses are sleeping and all of my housework is done so I think I'm going to go read my book... "The 5 Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. It's a great book and I'm REALLY enjoying it!

No comments: