Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bible Study

My frequent readers (insert LOTS of laughs) may notice that my blog has been updated a lot less lately. I miss my time on the computer but I've replaced it with something really awesome that I'm excited to share about!

I am teaching a woman's Bible study at our church!! I'm not really sure why God laid it on my heart to lead the study because 1) I'm not the smartest person around, 2) I'm a lot younger than the majority of the women in the class, and 3) I've never taught people my own age. I'm humbled that despite my weaknesses that God using me for His glory in a situation that I never really saw myself in.

Each day there is about a half hour long devotion and accompanied with my prayer time, I pretty much have to devote over and hour to this study every day. It's been a sacrifice because I usually use Brooke's nap for housework and to prepare some things for dinner, but now I'm using that time to prepare for my study on Sunday. God is really showing me that my house doesn't always need to perfect and I don't have to be super mom/wife, but I DO need to focus on my relationship with Him first and foremost. Through this I'm learning that everything in my life can wait, but spending time with God needs to be absolute TOP priority!

I really look forward to the days ahead as I'm learning so much and enjoying this class so much already! It should be a really great experience for me and I'm excited for God has in store for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! the womens bible study sounds wonderful. Too bad I live to far away to attend. I'm in need of a womens ministry to attend. I am really excited for you! ~Tammy