Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Very ROUGH Couple of Days

Wow, I don't even know where to begin! The last three days have been absolutely horrible for me. I have had a very, very bad case of bronchitis, on top of my asthma flaring up out of control. I have not able to sleep because I've been coughing so bad and breathing has been so difficult and painful. On top of that, all of the medicines that are making me better (inhalers, steroids, antibiotics, breathing treatments) make my stomach sick so I feel crummy altogether. I have battled asthma for my entire life and I can't think of a time where I have had this bad of an episode. There were times this week when I had no idea how I would muster up the strength to simply breathe because it was just so hard for me. There were also times that I was completely dizzy and incapacitated from lack of oxygen. All I have to say is thank God for doctors and medicine to fix me! Though I'm not 100 percent, I'm feeling MUCH better now.

More so than feeling sick and everything, I really struggled this week with my pride. I don't like to let people take care of my family, my house, or me. I like to be self sufficient and I always strive to be "super mom" or "super wife." It's hard for me to admit when I need help but this week, I have needed all of the help that people could give me. John was amazing... He cared for me so gently and sensitively. In the midst of my pain, I felt safe in his arms and reassured that I would get better! He took care of the house, the baby, meals, etc... I don't know how he stayed so strong! Patty, my dad, my mom, Alison, and Josh (my brother-in-law) all bent over backwards to help out with Brooke when John was working. There were several times when I tried to care for her but I simply had no breath inside of me to carry her down the stairs. That was really hard on me:-( Anyways, I determined that I'm just one very blessed and lucky girl to have so, so many people in my life to help me in out in my times of need. I don't know where I would be without my husband and my family!

So, now that I'm on the mend, I look forward to loving up on my baby and spending some extra one-on-one time with her. We're way past due! My house and I are also past due for a cleaning so tomorrow I'm sure that's what I'll be doing during Brookie's nap. I'm so excited for life to return to normal! (KNOCK ON WOOD!!!)

No comments: