Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Hilarious Life of Parenting a Toddler

Brooke has been keeping me in stitches lately! It seems like every 5 minutes she's doing something silly or new that amazes me. I'm really loving this age and I'm soaking every minute of it up! Here's some of her latest antics/developments:

*She now refers to herself as "baby." She walks around saying "baby hungry," "baby thirsty," "baby sleepy," etc... It's so funny! I guess we do refer to her as "the baby" a lot.

*When she claims something as her own she always calls herself "B." When she wants a juice box it' "B's box" and when she wants her toothbrush it's "B's brush." On and on the list goes...

*She has this little toy car that's big enough for her to ride around on. Instead of riding on it, however, she stands on it and THROWS herself on the ground. cracking up hysterically each time. Over and over again she does this and she's getting so good at it that she's now jumping off of it and landing on her feet. Quite the gymnast, I'd say! I thought this game was harmless because the toy car is only about a foot off of the ground, but this morning when she tried to jump off of our very high sleigh bed, I decided that maybe it wasn't such a great activity for her. Now I'm all nervous!

*She still continues to be a horrible eater, though she's showed marked improvement. She's currently addicted to oatmeal (we hear about it ALL day long) and get this... American cheese dipped in yogurt. Can you say DISGUSTING???? If I, heaven forbid, break out the yogurt without cheese too she says, "Cheese, dip yogurt." I cringe every time I watch her combine the two foods.

*I'm thinking that I'm going to pick back up on the potty training because now after she goes to the bathroom (poop or pee) she comes up to me and says, "Diaper change please." I read somewhere that that's a sign of readiness so I'm going to use her interest to my advantage.

*She loves to have pretend tea parties! For hours on end today she had her tea set out and she kept pouring me imaginary glasses of tea and saying, "Here go, mommy. Drink." Acting excited about each and every drink got a little old after the first 100:-)

*She can count to 3 and she knows A,B,C!

*She just got another tooth.. Her bottom eye tooth. She only has one more tooth to go (besides her two-year molars)!

*She's now starting that phase where she follows me around all day long saying, "mommy, mommy, mommy" over and over again. It's so cute (most of the time)!

*She talks endlessly about vacation... the things we did there, having Aunt Sarah there with us, riding on the plane, seeing the animals at the zoo, and going to the ocean. Most of all, though, she talks about the "messy sand." I think we've scarred her for life!

*I know that I've been saying this a lot lately, but her vocabulary is AMAZING. She says pretty much what she wants or needs to say.. when she's hot or cold, hurt, hungry, thirsty.. and she also knows how to properly name the majority of the things around her. She's speaking in 3-4 word sentences all day long and she also repeats every thing we say.

*She likes to put "you" after a lot of her phrases. Today she looked at the stove and said, "Burns you!" "Hurts you," and "Bites you" are also popular.

*She says "Wuv you" (Love you) and it melts my heart every single time that she does!

*Everywhere we go Brooke walks around waving and blowing kisses to people. It's like she's Miss America or something! People get a real kick out of her too and she knows it.

Well, I think that's all that I can think of for right now. I'm writing these things down for my own personal record because it's so easy to forget all of these silly little things! It's fun to read back every couple of months and she how my princess has changed. I LOVE being her mommy:-)

No comments: