Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Crippled Baby

Poor Brooke! Her foot is showing very little improvement. Actually, I think it has shown NO improvement. I'm so upset for her because she's extremely frustrated and she is also in obvious pain. Throughout the day she continued to forget about her sprained ankle and when she tried to walk towards something she would immediately fall over in pain. :-(

I feel so broken hearted because Brooke is just NOT herself. All she wants to do is lay in my arms, which is great, but I'm so used to her being crazy and hyper. It almost seems like she's sad and I tend to think that her inability to carry on as normal really has her down.

I had a revisit back into the days of Brooke's life before she walked today and it was so weird. I never realized how easy it is when your baby can walk to where she needs or wants to go! I had to do every little thing for her and she ordinarily rummages through my cupboards, drawers, her toy box, etc... to find what she's looking for. She crawled a few places today but she has to drag her bad foot behind her (because I think it hurts too bad for her to use it) so she really struggled with that too.

Please continue to pray for Brooke. It's really, really crushing me to see her so miserable:-( As a mommy, I have a pit in my stomach knowing that my precious baby is hurting.

No comments: