Sunday, September 7, 2008

We're Sick:-(

Brooke woke up this morning with a runny nose. I didn't really think anything of it because she's getting her final eye-tooth and I assumed it was all related somehow. I kind of brushed it off and went through my Sunday morning ritual of rushing out the door to get to worship practice by 8:15. When we got to church she was SUPER fussy and clingy and when I left her for Sunday School she was a disaster. Poor baby! Apparently she sat in the rocking chair with my mom the entire time and rested. I feel so bad that she felt that awful to not even want to play! I ended up playing the piano for worship and then taking her home instead of staying for the sermon. She was asleep before we even left the church parking lot so I felt as though I made the best decision for her.

Brooke has continued to be fussy throughout the day and her nose is running like a faucet. She's also sleepy and has no appetite so it has been a difficult day in our camp. To top it all off, my allergies are completely out of control today too. I can't breathe because it's caused a horrible asthma flare up and I, too, feel like garbage due to a runny nose, coughing, and sneezing. I sure hope that this isn't a preview of what our winter will look like!

I'm teaching a women's class this Fall at our church on Sunday nights and I had orientation for that tonight. John sent me on my merry way and stayed home with Miss Brooke. He gave her a bath, fed her dinner, and played all sorts of silly games with her. I am so blessed to have such an amazing daddy for my little girl! It was so nice to be able to go out and do something I enjoy and then be able to come back to a happy, well-cared-for princess. Life is good!

Alrighty, John's off tonight so it's time to go rest with him. This will be the perfect ending to our long day!

No comments: