Friday, September 26, 2008

An Update on Brookie

I have fantastic news... Brookie is starting to walk again!!!! Tonight after she soaked in yet another Epsom Salt bath she took a few steps and continued to attempt to walk all over the house too! It's obvious that she's still in discomfort and unsure of herself, but I'm so happy that she's at least trying now. I think the problem with her ankle now is that it's just really weak from not being used in 5 days and it will get better the more and more she uses it. She still prefers to crawl most places so we have to keep encouraging her to walk because we know she can. As I watched her walk tonight it felt like I was watching her for the first time. I was so captivated and excited by her walking that I didn't want to take my eyes off of her!

We had the most AWFUL night with Brooke last night. It was really quite bizarre because she's been sleeping through the night without a peep for the last 6 months or so. Here's how the night went down...

*10:30: John heard her fussing so he went in her room to make sure she was okay. She looked up at him with those big blue eyes and said, "Daddy, help please." John, the softy that he is, picked her up and brought her back to our bed to snuggle for a bit.

*11: Brooke clearly did NOT understand that she was brought into our room to rest... She thought it was time for fun and games. We told her to settle down or go in her crib and she screamed "NO CRIB!" Because we knew her foot had been bothering her we put up with this rare behavior. She kept asking John to sing "Jesus" so for about 30 minutes he did just that. Anytime he stopped she got upset. Lol!

*11:30: John read her PrincessBaby (upon Brooke's request), prayed with her and put her back to bed. She went to sleep until....

*12: She was screaming and asking to "snuggle daddy" so we brought her back into our room. (I know what you're thinking... SUCKERS!) She was pretty upset and unhappy so I gave her some Ibuprofen for her foot and let her rest in between us. We were watching a movie and she thought that the movie was pretty funny (even though it really wasn't).

*12:30: She was obviously not in discomfort anymore so we repeated the prayer, book, and singing routine and put her back to bed. She screamed for about 15 minutes before passing out.

*12:45: I convinced John to check on her to make sure she was still alive (I'm neurotic, I know), which woke her up again. She came to our bed a third and final time. Our movie was over and we figured that the silence might encourage her to go to sleep. Wrong.. She didn't want to sleep.

*1: I convinced Brooke that going to sleep in her crib with my pillow would be wicked cool so, I once again, repeated her bedtime routine, gave her my pillow, and she was out for the night.

Can you even believe that? I sure hope that last night was a one time deal because I can't handle that again tonight. I'm too worn out from our struggle last night. I'm just glad that John was home then!

Alrighty, I'm off to get some rest (hopefully)!

No comments: