Friday, September 5, 2008

The Queen of Shoes

Have I mentioned that my baby is obsessed with shoes? Holy cow! I've never seen a child who gets so much satisfaction out of taking her shoes off and then putting them back on. She could do this over and over and over again all day and I don't think she would get sick of it! It's hilarious because now she's getting selective about what shoes she'll wear. For instance, the other day I was attempting to put her brown sandals on and she arched her back, screamed hysterically and yelled "CONVERSE!" (While pointing to her bumble gum pink Converse sneakers... don't worry, not the high top kind) Because the shoes didn't match her outfit I wouldn't put them on her and it took John and me a good ten minutes to convince the child that she was wearing sandals. Lol!

We've been doing a lot of shoe shopping lately with Fall just around the corner and Brooke has become mesmerized by shoe stores. She gets very angry if we go to a shoe store and she can't sit in the aisle and try on every single pair. It's horrible taking her shoe shopping for that reason! Tonight we went to buy Nathan his first pair of Nike's (Shhh, don't tell! We haven't given them to him yet) and Brooke was absolutely beside herself because we didn't let her try them on in the store. On the way home she kept yelling for "Naynay's shoe on!" And she's only a toddler! Can you imagine her as a teenager? WOW!

We are currently missing one of Brooke's brown sandals and to this very minute I'm baffled by it. We came home from running errands this morning and Brooke had both shoes on her feet. While I cleaned up around the house she played with BOTH of her shoes too. When we went to get ready to go out to dinner, one shoe was missing. I came home and scoured the house... Every crevice of Brooke's toy room, in the cabinets where she plays, underneath the seat cushions on the coaches, and the silly shoes is still NOWHERE to be found. I'm starting to feel like I'm losing my mind! I sure hope I find it because the sandals are brand new and I'm not quite ready to part ways with them!

So, you get the point, my girl is VERY crazy about shoes. Imelda Marcos WATCH OUT! Lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm too crazy about shoe shopping. Having more than twenty pairs of shoes in my collection.