Monday, September 15, 2008

Death by Blocks

Brooke is absolutely obsessed with Lego blocks. She could sit there for the entire day and put them together and take them to part. It's really precious to wath her because she's enthralled by them.

Her latest trend with blocks, though, is a rather exhausting one... She gets her blocks out and passes them to me one by one (and there are 80!) and tells me to "build tower." That's great! I LOVE playing with my princess. That's not the whole story though.. If I stop for even two seconds she FREAKS out on me. She'll grab my hand and try to pry it open to put blocks in it and if I encourage her to play with the blocks herself she takes them and says "help" repeatedly until I take over. It's hilarious and really cute that she's doing this, but when you play this game for 2 hours straight (no exaggeration!) it gets 1) monotonous, and 2) it's almost impossible to get anything done around the house. What am I going to do with her?!?!??!??!

Block torture aside, Brookie and I had a really nice day together! She's just so precious and so well behaved (for the most part!) and watching the world through her eyes is so much fun. When I put her to bed tonight she looked up and said, "Wuv you, Mommy!" And I found myself wanting to hold onto her for the rest of the night! She's a sweetie:-)

Alrighty, it's time to go watch One Tree Hill. YAY!!!!!!! That's our favorite show by far!

No comments: