Friday, September 19, 2008

Off To New Jersey I Go!

Tomorrow Alison and I are taking the babies to New Jersey to see some of Alison's family from Luke's side. Luke wasn't able to make it so I'm taking the trip with her. I'm so excited because we're going to stay in a hotel (which should be interesting with two toddlers) and go to some fun places to eat. It will be a sacrifice for me to leave John (considering that he doesn't have to back into work until tomorrow night) but with Ali's new baby coming and all, I'm not sure when the next time Alison I will be able to something like this together again will be. It will probably be years!

We leave tomorrow morning as soon as we get moving and then we're coming back Sunday morning so it will be a very short trip. It's always refreshing to be gone, even if it's just for a day or so. I'm happy that it's short because I DO NOT like being away from John. I have the feeling that I'll miss him horribly, but I expect to have an amazing time with my sister.

We went to the outlet malls today and got Brookie a TON of new fall clothes. We got her three pairs of pants, three dresses (with matching bows and tights), and five shirts. She really needed new clothes for the warm weather because all of last year's clothes are too short and she only had about 5 outfits for this year. My parents are in Florida on vacation and I called them to tell them about Brooke's new clothes and they told me that they just got her a ton of clothes too. It looks like Brooke will be set! Gotta love grandparents!

Alrighty, I'm off to get some work done before I leave in the morning. I'll be back Sunday night after Bible study so I'll update again then!

No comments: