Sunday, August 31, 2008

Our Little Republican

Disclaimer: If you are in favor of Obama/Biden, this post might offend you.

The other day we were driving and John saw an Obama sign. He said, "Obama stinks!" The next thing I know, Brooke was in the back seat saying "Mama stinks." Of course I smacked my dear husband because I do NOT want her repeating that over and over.. The mama part, that is. So John said, "Barack stinks, not mama." Now she says, "Barack stinks!" And occasionally she mixes that in with "Mama stinks." Lol! We sometimes forget that we have a little mocking bird named Brooke and that maybe we should use better discretion in what things we say in front of her.

Then it occurred to me... Maybe we should teach her the optimistic things about this election. So we started saying, "McCain is nice!" We had hoped that she would forget all about Obama and only talk about McCain but that didn't work. She kept repeating, "Barack stinks. McCain nice." My oh my. My child is going to say that in front of the wrong person and start a political uproar! Lol

This original incident happened on Friday evening and I've been hoping that Miss Brooke will forget about her newly discovered words, but they just keep popping up. All day long yesterday I had to hear about McCain and Obama from her and today has been more of the same. What am I going to do with her? :-)

I have no shame in telling people who I'm voting for and why I'm voting for them, but we all know that there's a proper time and place for that. I'm not ashamed of what I believe or how I feel politically, however, I'm not sure if my baby broadcasting my feelings on this election is the best thing ever.

I find myself wondering if things like this ever happen to anyone else but me.... Lol

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

Haha, that is hilaroius, although I agree it might not be great at all times. Lol. About your "blessed" post a few days ago...I totally felt the exact same way. It was sooo frustrating to not be pregnant (or in my case, stay pregnant too), but I felt like I didn't necessarily have the right to complain TOO much because I still have a wonderful daughter. Some people who wait forever to get pregnant don't have a wonderful child at home to cheer them up. It's hard to accept that it will come in God's time though, isn't it?