Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Most Precious Sound

Brooke has always really enjoyed music. In fact, she walks around all day requesting "me-sock" (music) or for me to "sing." Lately, her favorite song has been There's Something About That Name so she'll come up to me and say "Mommy, sing Jesus." The cutest part is that when she says the "Jesus" part of that sentence she sings that word in the perfect key that that song starts in. So sweet!

Anyways, lately she has become more fluent in singing this song. This first part of the song goes like this:

"Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, there's just something about that name. Master, Savior, Jesus, like the fragrance after the rain."

This is Brooke's rendition:

"Jesus, Jesus, Jeeeee-sus, some-fin bout that Naynay (Nathan).
Master, Savior Jeeeee-sus, fragrance after rain, rain pitter patter (which is part of our song that we sing about rain)"

Not only does this song paste an enormous smile across my face, but it breaks my heart over how precious and beautiful it sounds. Hearing my little girl sing such special words with that little glimmer in her eyes fills me with joy like none other. The thing that makes me happiest, however, is knowing that it's praise to Jesus and that to Him, it sounds as beautiful as the most gifted vocalist in the world. Isn't that something?

No comments: