Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bye Bye, Florida:-(

It seems as though it's time to get back into the "real world!" We got home from Florida late Monday night and now John has to go back to work tonight:-( I keep remembering this time last week and how our vacation had just started, which kills me! I suppose all good things must come to an end though.

We had such a wonderful time in Florida! I couldn't have asked for more well behaved baby either. Brooke was a trooper! She slept through the night every night and was happy to do just about anything but go to the beach. She HATES the beach because of the sand. We took her there many times throughout the trip and every time, without fail, she says, "All done beach. Messy sand. Bye bye ocean." She make me laugh!

We did a lot of fun things while we were there... Shopping at the outlet malls, eating at really nice seafood restaurants, swimming at their beautiful pool, going to the Tampa Bay zoo, and just driving around and enjoying the gorgeous homes and ocean. It was perfect! Every night we rented a movie and went for ice cream. It was a nice way to wind down!

On the way home we taught Brooke to say "bye bye" to wherever we were leaving on the plane. In Atlanta she said, "Bye bye, Lana." And in Detroit it was "Bye bye, Troit." It was so cute!

Sarah went on vacation with us and she was an enormous help with Brooke! Brooke is in love with her and it was really great having her there. Sarah is so busy with school and work so it was awesome to have a whole week to enjoy being with her.

I just uploaded all of my trip pictures on my Facebook account and I don't feel like putting them on her just now. I'll try to get around to soon though!

No comments: