Monday, August 11, 2008

The Mystery Is Solved!!

Brooke has been extremely fussy and miserable lately and it's been pretty frustrating for me. I was starting to wonder why my content little girl went but this morning she showed up and stayed all day:-) I couldn't imagine what the heck had gotten into her to make her have the sudden change of heart, but finally I realized that her top two eye-teeth have poked through at last!! Hopefully the worst is over and she'll be happier now.

I was pretty sick today with my allergies. I have had horrible allergies my whole life, except for when I was on allergy shots (which I quit when I got pregnant with Brooke). I have been wanting to go back on them but we're trying for baby #2 so it just seems pointless. I have this expensive allergy medication regimen which involves three pills, eye drops, and an inhaler, yet I still find no relief. I woke up this morning with my eyes glued shut and when I finally got them opened they were bright red and so irritated that my vision was blurry. NOT fun:-( I continued to feel this way for the entire day and Brooke's change of attitude made it possible for me to go through this day. I'm not sure how I would have handled a grump on a day such as today!

During Brooke's nap all I wanted to do was die from feeling so allergic, but my housework was too demanding for me to be able to relax. I got so much done so I was happy that I fought through it! ALL of my laundry is done, my floors are mopped, and my bathrooms are clean. Ahh, the satisfaction! Lol! I even made a really good dinner... I put tilapia, zucchini, lemon, red onions, butter, garlic, salt, pepper and broccoli in foil and had John through them on the grill when he woke up. They were AMAZING! I served it over wild rice pilaf and it was perfect. Cooking in the summer is so easy!

Alright, I'm off to watch the Olympics, which are my latest weakness. I just can't seem to get enough of them!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Yay for new teeth! Nathan's 2 year molars are on their way in (his gums are WHITE!) and I'm hoping that will be the perfect solution for all of our trouble sleeping woes.

Hope you start feeling better soon!!!