Thursday, August 14, 2008

New "Brooke-isms"

Brooke is blossoming like crazy. Holy cow! Her vocabulary has sky-rocketed yet again and her little personality is seriously cracking me up every 5 seconds. Here are some sweet (or not so sweet!) things that my girl is doing/saying now:

*If she's in her highchair eating and you happen to get up for even a second, she points to you and says, "sit" and gets very angry until you do. I guess she learned that from me always forcing her to sit at the table until everyone's done?

*We have always affectionately referred to her as "B." In the mornings now she goes to her step stool by the bathroom sink, picks up her tooth brush, and says, "B's brush!" At that point she expects me to put the water on so she can splash water all over the bathroom with her toothbrush. It's hilarious to watch!

*Unfortunately Brooke has learned that my name is not just mommy, but also Jillian.
Now she refers to me as Jillian, but with a goofy grin on her face and a giggle, because she knows that I'll correct her. Today John was yelling my name down the stairs so Brooke comes to me, pulls on my pant leg and says "Come, Jillian." My, oh my.

*She loves to sing! Some of her favorites are "Jesus Loves Me," "There's Something About That Name" and "O-I" (which is a VBS song). She can't sing the whole entire songs like Nathan can (not YET anyways!), but she knows the key words.

*When she gets mad at Chipper, she points to him and says, "Night night. Cage. Treat." The stupid dog seriously follows her and she locks him in the cage and gives him a treat. That thrills me, but when she lets him out I'm a little less than impressed. Lol

*She now repeats the phrase "Let me see" throughout the day. I'm not sure why she learned this one because I don't think I say it a lot but I guess I do. Today I had something that she wanted in my hand and she kept saying that, in hopes of taking it from me.

*Her latest frustration is being "stuck." Any time she's picked up when she doesn't want to be, in bed when she doesn't want to sleep, in her car seat, etc... She SCREAMS "stuck." I could laugh about this one all day. What a goof!

*She's actually starting to eat a little bit better, which is BIG deal for us. Today she ate breakfast AND dinner, with no problem. Lunch was a no, but hey, at least we tried. I'm hoping I didn't jinx us by saying this!

*She's still sleeping great! She sleeps in her crib from 8-8 and then comes into our bed until about 9:30 to sleep and nurse. I'm loving these late mornings! She's still taking a 1.5-2 hour nap on top of that too. I hardly know what to do with all of this sleep.

*Papa (my dad) taught her to ask for permission so now every time she wants something she comes up and asks for "mission." Good job, Papa!

*We always ask her if she wants a brother or a sister and she says "sister." I sure hope we can give that to her sooner than later (or a brother)!

*Her obsession with her cousin, Nathan, is still growing strong. She talks about him constantly and every time she sees him she bursts out into laughter. It's so precious watching those two grow together.

Wow, I could keep going if my brain would remember all of the other cute Brookie things, but I think that's all that's coming to my mind now. She's a real blast and I LOVE this age. That rough patch from a couple of weeks ago is long forgotten and I'm overwhelmingly happy about my life and where we're at.

No comments: