Monday, August 18, 2008

Ugh, The Uncertainty Of It All!

So, things are still kind of up in the air about our vacation tomorrow. I HATE that. I would rather have a definite NO answer than an "I don't know." That's just how I am. It would kind of be nice to know what our plans are!

Here's the deal... The airline offered us a weather waver, meaning that we can reschedule our flight for Wednesday until next Tuesday, because of the unpredictability of the storm. HOWEVER, we've been watching the weather non-stop and they don't seem to think that the Tampa area is going to get hammered, like they previously thought. There will definitely be a lot of rain, but they don't think it's likely for it to upgrade into the hurricane that they once thought it would because it's moving faster, meaning doesn't have as much time to build over the ocean before making landfall, and because it is not well organized. That was a couple of minutes ago so who knows what the story will be the next time I turn the TV on! The new projected path of the storm has the system skimming the Tampa area so who knows? All this to say: Our plan is to wait until first thing in the morning to decide if we want to wait or not. Hopefully another 12 hours will give the meteorologists and airlines more insight into the situation so we can be better equipped to make our decision!

I'll try to give an update as to what we decide to do, but I have fifty million things on my plate tomorrow (if we go) so I'm not sure if I'll be able to. I sure hope this whole ordeal all works itself out!

No comments: