Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Only Two More Weeks...

Until we leave for VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! We have so many fun things planned and it's going to be perfect! I look forward to just being with my family and actually get to sleep with John for an entire week. If only it was always vacation...

Does anyone else ever feel like they're too busy wishing things away? For instance, I'm wishing these next two weeks away to get closer and closer to Florida, but it seems to me like we should be able to enjoy each and every day, without wishing for the next "something." This is something I always struggle with. When I was engaged, I wished away that time away so I could be married. When I was pregnant, I wished the time away so I could meet Brooke. Now that I want to have another baby, I'm wishing this time of trying away so I can just I can be pregnant and enjoy all of the wonderful things that come with that. I wish John's days at work away so we can have his days off. When it's Summer, I wish for Fall. When it's Thanksgiving, I wish for Christmas. You get my drift, I wish too much of my life away. I don't think that's right. I think that every day... boring, slow, exciting, mundane, happy, sad... is worth being enjoyed and given the opportunity for greatness.

I always have to remind myself to slow down and smell roses. The life that I have is a wonderful, amazing life and I don't want to wake up when I'm 75 and wonder why the heck I didn't seize the days that I had. I bet I'll wish that I enjoyed boring days spent at home with nothing to do. I don't know. I'm not trying to get too deep today but I was just thinking that I really should start living for today and not tomorrow.

So TODAY!!! What's wonderful about it? It's beautiful outside, my baby is happy, John made it home from work safely this morning, I have many people to love me, I have a cool house to rescue me from the sweltering heat outside, AND Sarah (MY DAWG) is coming over for a girl's night tonight!!! See? That wasn't so hard:-)

No comments: