Friday, August 1, 2008

Our Romantic Getaway

We just got back from out little trip and we couldn't have had a nicer time away. The only thing that could have made it better was having Brooke with us! While I missed Brooke horribly the whole entire time (even in the middle of the night), John and I really reconnected and enjoyed some quality time together.

The hotel was gorgeous and extremely clean and comfortable. We had been there before so we expected that it would be wonderful! We went for lots of nice walks, did a bunch of shopping, ate at great restaurants (The Cheesecake Factory, being one of them!!), and we also went to the Buffalo Bill's training camp for John. There was a great mixture of things that both he and I liked to do so we were well entertained!

Last night at dinner we were sitting in the restaurant and while we were enjoying ourselves and having a great time, but I just had this aching in my heart for Brooke. It amazes me how I can never, ever go back to my life before her, not even for a day if I wanted to. While I'm away from her she still consumes me because I'm endlessly concerned about her well-being and the truth is that she makes life so much more interesting and fun when she's around. I loved being with John but it's safe to say that we're never going to feel complete without our baby by our side.

As for Brooke, apparently she did really well with her grandparents! She spent the afternoon and evening with them yesterday and they did a lot of fun things with her. They put her to bed in her Pack and Play while she was awake and she drifted off to sleep. She woke up a few hours later wondering where she was but my sister-in-law took Brooke in her room and they drifted off to sleep until 9 this morning! Patty had to work today so Sarah took care of Brooke today and did an amazing job! Sarah fixed her breakfast, took her for a walk, gave her lunch, put her down for a 2 hour nap, took her to the park, and then out to dinner. Sign that girl up! Any time we tried to call Brooke over the last few days she didn't even want to talk to us because she was too wrapped up in being busy and happy with her family. That made me happy that she wasn't sad but it also made me feel kind of sad because she's so independent. When we went to pick Brooke up this evening she did't even want us and as soon as I picked her up she asked for her grandma. Would it have killed her to have missed me just a little:-( Lol! It's all good. I know that she loves me and that I'm always gonna be her mama. That's all that matters:-)

Well, I have a BUNCH of work to do around the house because we're hosting a church picnic here tomorrow night. I unpacked when I walked in the door so luckily that's behind me! Thank goodness for that!

No comments: