Sunday, August 3, 2008

Separation Anxiety?

Brooke never went through the whole separation anxiety faze that so many babies seem to go through. I was relieved because I've seen moms who have not been able to leave their babies without them freaking out. However, over the last couple of days Brooke has been super clingy and attached to me. This is so not like her!

Today I went to church earlier than John and Brooke because I had worship practice and John said that when Brooke woke up she screamed hysterically for me and was very upset that I wasn't there. Poor thing! When they got to church she continued to be super clingy to me and she didn't even want to see her family members, who she ordinarily loves. I went to put her in the church nursery and she cried, which is something she never does. She loves being in there and playing with all of her friends and toys. It's just so odd!

Tonight she woke up at 9 (after going down at 7:45) yelling for me. She never does that type of thing so John and I figured that something was bothering her. After letting her fuss for a few minutes, we decided to pick her up and she lied on my chest and snuggled for like half an hour. She didn't even ask to nurse, which still has me surprised, and she wouldn't even go to John. ONLY to me. Wow!

I must admit that I love that my little girl wants me so very bad. She's always been such a busy, independent, content baby who has liked doing things on her own. Her sudden infatuation with me is kind of nice because she's full of hugs, snuggles, and kisses for me and that just makes me the most happy woman in the universe!

No comments: