Sunday, August 17, 2008

If You're Thinking Of Getting A Puppy... READ THIS FIRST.

Last night we went out to dinner, only to come home and find that stupid Chipper was out of his cage. I had put him in there before we left, so I took full responsibility for him getting out, assuming that I hadn't latched the cage properly. John wasn't too happy with me because there was clean laundry, coin wrappers, my purse, shoes, and urine all over the house. Trust me, I was livid too but I thought I had caused the problem so I kept my mouth shut.

Anyways, last night at 10:30 John left for work and made sure that 1) Chipper was locked in his cage, and 2) that all the doors were locked. At about 12 A.M. I heard somebody in my house. My heart was beating out of my chest. I heard a door open and then I heard someone walking. I thought maybe John was coming home to get something but I looked out the window and his police car was nowhere to be found. Frantically I tried calling him to ask him to come home... Only to have no answer. In the midst of my fear I reminded myself that I needed to stay calm and make sure that Brooke was safe so with much apprehension I walked down the stairs. Lo and behold, standing right in front of me was Chipper. I've never been so happy to see that filthy creature in all my life! Lol! It seems as though that rotten dog has learned to get out of his cage. The wheels in my head got to turning... Was someone in the house that let him out to mess with my head? I was still totally freaked out. I finally called John and he came over and did a thorough search of the house to reassure me. All checked out well, of course.

This experience just confirmed even further that I hate my dog and that I hate being home alone. Those two things really worked against me last night!

So, to you puppy-wanters out there... They may seem cute, but they're worse than children and they cause nothing but trouble AND they smell. However, mine's wonderful so if you want him you can HAVE him! Lol

No comments: