Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Big-Girl-Room in Progress

Over the last couple of days my dad and my aunt (from out of town) have been painting Brooke's new room in preparation for the furniture to arrive. When they finished painting on Tuesday I was elated over how beautiful the room looked and I couldn't wait until the furniture arrived. Well, a few minutes ago the delivery men dropped off and assembled Brooke's furniture and it's absolutely gorgeous! After all of that looking around and indecisiveness about what furniture to get, I feel like we made the right choice!

We painted 3 of the walls a bright, buttery yellow and we have a light blue accent wall that John's aunt is painting acrylic flowers on next week. It looks great now but those flowers are really going to add a very special touch! The sheets have flowers on them and John's aunt is using a projector so she can trace them on the wall... That way we'll be able to replicate them!

We're going to Sam's Club to pick up the mattresses tomorrow night so unfortunately I can't make the bed or anything until then. We'll save a bunch of money by getting the mattresses there so I guess one more night won't kill me! Apart from that, I just need to get some window treatments and a few little pictures for the walls and the big-girl-room will officially be complete! Once this project is done we'll be able to move on to Adrienne's room.

Brooke is SO EXCITED about her new room! She's been napping for a while so she hasn't actually seen the furniture, but she's been in her new room an awful lot just scoping it out. She walks in and she says, "My big girl room! NOT Adrienne's!" I'm a little anxious to see how she'll do in her new bed but I'm hoping that the transition won't be too tough. We bought a rail for the side of her bed so I'm not really too worried about her falling out, just that she'll use her new found freedom to escape.

Once we're completely done with the room I'll post pictures. Until then, use your imagination! Lol

1 comment:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Yes...the "new found freedom" thing is a battle in the beginning or at least it was with Hudson! He still comes in our room in the middle of the night every once and a while but I really don't mind. I miss cuddling with him! I bet the room looks beautiful!! Cant wait to see pics!