Monday, March 9, 2009

Sick Babies:-(

Brooke has been recovering from a nasty cold, yet her cough has persisted and continued to get worse and worse with the passing days. I thought that the cold was simply taking its course but my precious baby niece, Jenna, is in the hospital with pneumonia so my mind began to wonder if there was something more going on with Brooke.

Last night I had resolved to take Brooke to the doctor first thing this morning, with all things considered, but little did I know, there was a horrible night awaiting us... Brooke had the WORST time going to sleep and ended up crying hysterically after 3 hours of tossing and turning. John and I brought her into our bed at about 11 and she was a coughing, restless, fussing disaster the whole night. It was not exactly a restful night's sleep, to say the least!

Anyways, I took Brooke in to see the doctor this morning and, much to my surprise, her lungs sounded fine to him, but she has an ear infection. Here I thought she had some respiratory infection or bronchitis but her fussiness and lack of sleep had nothing to do with her lungs, whatsoever. Maybe that's the reason that I'm not the doctor? Lol! I felt so relieved that I had taken her in when I realized that there really was something wrong with her. Poor Brookie! No wonder why she's been so fussy and grumpy lately.

I'm so mindful of my sister today as she is in the hospital still with precious little Jenna. They have been in there since Saturday and there is not a chance that she will even get to go home today. I've stopped in to see her several times and tried to be as supportive as I can, but it's hard with my own baby who's struggling right now too. Jenna is so happy and she's all smiles, despite the IV in her arm, and I must say, I admire my sister's positive attitude and the way she so sacrificially cares for her daughter. Ali's had a rough week of it... First Nathan had a double ear infection on Thursday and now all of this with Jenna. She deserves an amazing mother award:-) I feel so helpless throughout all of this...

Okay, the princess in sleeping so I think I'm going to go relax for a few minutes before she wakes up. There's no telling what kind of mood she'll be in!

1 comment:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Oh my goodness that's awful! Hudson had a small spot of pneumonia on his lung a couple weeks ago also! It's just awful...let alison know i am praying for a quick recovery as I cannot imagine how she must feel. Thank goodness Brooke just had an ear infection! She should be getting better in no time! Keep me posted!