Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Holy Appetite!

Brooke is doing much better today and I dare say that she is back to herself. YAY! She had a little bit of difficulty falling asleep last night but she slept-in this morning until 9:30. Just what the doctor ordered for both mommy and Brookie!

I am blown away by what my very-fickle-eater has eaten today. For breakfast she polished off two entire pieces of French Toast and then she asked for peanut butter and crackers. Next, she had a mid-morning snack shortly after (only because she asked for it). We met my mom at her work to take her to lunch and as soon as we got there Brooke asked for cookies and pretzels...Because that's the tradition she got a few for a little treat. My mom asked Brooke what she wanted for lunch and Brooke screamed, "TACO BELL!" So, of course we took the princess there and she ate an entire crunchy taco, an entire thing of refried beans and cheese, a few bites of my bean burrito, and some crunchy cinnamon twists. What the heck?!?!?!??!?

Brooke has got to be the most frustrating child to feed. She really likes about 5 things and that's it. She hates fruit.. except for the rare banana or grape that she'll take from me. She hates ALL veggies (with the exception of cherry tomatoes once in a while). She hates meat, except for chicken nuggets or taco meat. She won't eat any type of potatoes... Not mashed or anything. She won't eat any type of pasta or rice unless it's macaroni and cheese or Rice A' Roni. She will eat soup and yogurt in massive quantities though, which is helpful. It takes great effort to make healthy choices for this kid because she would be happy filling up on dry cereal all day, which is obviously not an optimal diet. Maybe it will get easier for me one day??? Let's hope!

Instead of napping right now, Brooke's in her crib rocking her babies to sleep and covering them up with blankets. Lol! If she's happy I might leave her long enough to get some work done... Either that or I'll stand quietly in her room and be a spectator. She's hilarious!

1 comment:

*~tRiStYn MiChElLe~* said...

Hey!!! Brooke is such a doll! :0) That's too cute! Hudson lives on yogurt too so I hope that it's nutritious enough to suffice for a while!

To answer your breastfeeding question...Brody is MUCH better at it than hudson ever was! I am having some cracking and bleeding on one side that is becoming unbearable but I am trying to tough through it. Im going to start to use the shield on that side till it heals bc it's just so painful. And his latch is really good so I dont know what is up...just hope it gets better fast! lol. Any ideas?

We need to get together for real this time! :0)