Monday, March 16, 2009

I've Been Far Too BUSY to Blog!!

The last several days have been a whirlwind! Between the party that I cooked for on Saturday and all of the other responsibilities I have, it's been hard keeping my head above water. Wow! Now that it's all said and done, I'm thankful that the week ahead looks much calmer. Hooray! Here's what we've been up to:

*Thursday- Patty and I did all of the shopping for the big party. It took us a good 3-4 hours to get everything we needed but it was really fun! Brooke was great at the various stores, only fussing for "Taco Bill" around lunchtime. Her compliance was extremely helpful! That night we went up to the church and set up tables, flower arrangements, linens, etc... for Saturday and I didn't get home until after 8. After being on my feet for the entire day I was so sore and my ankles were swollen. I was thankful to rest!

*Friday- I had my glucose test. BLAH! I got to the hospital at 10:30, which was 15 minutes before my scheduled appointment. I wanted to drink the nasty sugar drink ASAP so it could sit in me for an hour and I could go home. I told the girl at the front desk that I was there and finally, at 11:15, she apologized for keeping me waiting and then gave me my lab slip to get the sugar drink. Frustrated, I went to the lab, where I waited another good 15 minutes. At around 11:30 I got the drink and then I headed back up to the doctor's office to have my appointment that was supposed to be at 10:45. I saw the doctor for a few minutes and he said that everything looked good! I get to go for a 3-D ultrasound when I'm 32 weeks and I'm SO EXCITED! After that, I waited around until 12:30 to have my blood drawn. At the lab they informed me that because I was RH negative (which I already knew) I had to have a shot. However, first they had to draw my blood and check for antibodies (about another half hour wait) and then I had to take it back up to the nurse to have her inject me. I wasn't too excited about that wait. Around 1 I finally got the injection and when I went to have it injected in me, I was informed that the nurse was on her lunch break. I had to wait for her until amost 2. Once again, I wasn't thrilled. So, Friday was completely consumed by that doctor's visit. What a waste of time!

*Saturday- Saturday was the big party! Everything turned out great and the food was delicious. There were no major catastrophes or anything and the family was all very satisfied and thankful for the job that we did. We got there at 9 that morning and I didn't get home until after 5. It was yet another long day on my feet!

*Sunday- It was actually NOT a day of rest. As usual, I had worship practice at 8:15 then Sunday School and church. We then had a birthday party for my brother's wife after church. By the time I got home, it was almost time to turn right back around again for my leadership meeting at 5 and to teach my class from 6-7:30. What a day!

My aunt and uncle are visiting from California so they came over this morning and helped my dad prime Brooke's big girl room. Tomorrow they'll paint over the primer, sometime later in the week John's aunt will come and paint flowers on the accent wall, Thursday the furniture will be delivered, and Friday we're picking up mattresses. So, by the end of the week we'll hopefully have Miss Brooke officially transitioned into her new room. I'm so excited! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.

Alrighty, now it's time to go catch up with laundry and housework. The work never ends...

No comments: