Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Sweet Brooke

I'll confess, over the last couple of weeks, my daughter has evolved from this precious little angel to this TERROR child. Several days towards the end of last week she had me in tears over how misbehaved and disobedient she was and I contribute some of that to her not feeling well. This week she has been a lot better but not 100% her sweet, compliant self. She has started to listen better to me but she is very fussy with other people and wants little to do with anyone but me. What's with her?!??!?!

In the midst of these frustrating days that we've been having there have been incidents with Brooke that have encouraged me to keep pressing on. Isn't that how motherhood is? You think you're going to lose your mind or like you can't handle the stress but then your child looks at you and says something hilarious or precious and all is well in the world. Here's some cute stories that have helped sustain me!

*My dad always holds Brooke's face with his two hands so he can make eye contact with her and says, "Look at me, I love you!" Anyways, Brooke has started coming up to John and me and repeating the same routine with us that Papa does with her. Lol!

*Last night I was holding Brooke before bed and she looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I'll always love you." Talk about precious!

*When I got out of the shower the other day I was brushing my hair and Brooke said, "Mommy, you are so beautiful!" Lol! She hears this from me an awful lot but to have her repeat to me was priceless.

*Last night after Brooke's bath I asked John to get me a "clippy" for Brooke's bangs (we're growing them out so we have to clip them back). John came downstairs with a bow instead and Brooke looked at him and said, "Daddy, that is NOT a clippy. It's a bow." She then started to cry. Haha! It looks like we have a drama queen on our hands!

If I sat here long enough I could think of pages full of Brookie stories to share but those are all that I could think of off the top of my head. The bottom line is that despite the enormity of the task of motherhood, it will always be amazing to be a mommy. Some days are easy, some days are not, but whether or not Brooke's at her best or her worst, my job is to give my best every single day, even when it seems impossible.

No comments: