Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I've Officially Joined the "Club"

What club is that, you may ask? Well friends, I'm the latest inductee into the van-driving-mommy-club. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it just yet but I think that I like it. After all, I have enough room for 6 passengers, a built in TV (which I don't plan on utilizing regularly), a nice CD player, rear-control air/heat, power locks and windows, a remote starter, adjustable pedals (which will enable me to not sit so close to the steering wheel, seeing as how I'm very short), and many other fun little gadgets and compartments. The van is a beautiful shade of robin's egg blue so it actually looks really nice.

Since John and I got married I have been driving around in a little Nissan Sentra but as of late, there are way too many things wrong with it to list. For instance, it has an exhaust problem that won't allow it to pass inspection (which expires April 1st), it needs a new clutch, new tires, a new catalytic converter (which is VERY pricey), and both bumpers are falling off. I think there are also a few other things that are wrong with it but I've forgotten at this point. John's dad is a mechanic and can fix things very cheaply for us... BUT, if the parts are expensive then it still costs us an arm and a leg. I think the catalytic converter was almost $800 alone. Wow! I must admit that I miss my little stick shift sedan, but I know that it had too many problems to fix.

I really love my van and it drives GREAT but here's the only catch... We bought it from a private owner so the interior is DISGUSTING. The lady had her dogs in there and everything so you can imagine the repercussions of that. It's absolutely filthy. We asked her to take some money off of the price so we could pay for it to be professionally cleaned and she agreed. Thankfully, this Saturday we're dropping it off at a car detailing place and the said that they'll have it looking and smelling new by the time they're done with it. I really look forward to having a nice CLEAN van!

Alrighty, I'm off to church now to cook dinner. That means I get to drive my dirty new van again!! Lol

No comments: