Sunday, August 26, 2007

Baby Beauty Secrets

***Before I type anything more, I would just like to say that Brooke just deleted my whole entry so I'm typing the same thing completely over again. Man, she just loves keyboards!***

As I have mentioned before, Brooke has really spikey hair. Ever since she came out of the womb I have been patting it down and trying to make it sit flat. Nothing has proved successful though! I've tried wetting it down and then brushing it, but unfortunately that just makes it frizzy. Though she's gorgeous, spike hair and all, I would love for her hair to sit down every once in a while. Anyways, last night I was putting some Johnson and Johnson's tear free leave-in-conditioner in my hair (Which is great for detangling, by the way), so I decided to spritz some in Brooke's hair just for the heck of it. When she woke up this morning, not only was her hair shiny, but MUCH to my surprise...IT WASN'T SPIKEY! At last we have found a solution to her crazy hair:-)

In other exciting news (Well exciting to us, that is), Brookie had her first green beans today! She didn't love them like she loved the squash, sweet potatoes and carrots, but she didn't gag on them. With the other veggies she would open her mouth for more, but these green beans were an uphill battle. John had just gotten home when I tried feeding them to her so I'm thinking that that was a contributing factor to her distraction. The poor girl just wanted her daddy and I was shoving green crap down her throat! HA!

Well I am going to go enjoy my husband for a bit. I think we're going to pop a movie in and relax together. It's been a busy couple of days.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Finally, a remedy for Brookie's spiky hair! I'm glad you found a solution :)

Oh, and I guess I forgot to mention that typing is no longer any fun with a mobile baby on your lap!