Friday, August 3, 2007

"I've Got Two Tickets to Paradise!"

As the song goes.. Yes, I do indeed have two tickets to paradise. Well, Florida I mean, and I doubt that some would even consider that paradise. Anyways, after procrastinating for a couple of months now, John and I buckled down and booked our flight to Tampa. We are SO excited! This is our first big vacation since our honeymoon. We're going the 4Th of September to the 9Th. It's close enough to be wicked excited about but it's far enough away to build up some anticipation. I hear that there are some awesome outlet malls where we're going so I hope to find lots of good deals for Brooke. I'm also excited to go the beach and eat some seafood! The house we're staying is apparently very close to the ocean. I CAN'T WAIT!

Funny story about that dumb song I previously mentioned. One night when I was working at Red Lobster (maybe 2 years ago?) our digital music player repeated that annoying song over and over and over again ALL night long. They couldn't fix it. I was about to scream after about the 5Th time. It's was one of those long, crazy nights too, of course. "Two Tickets to Paradise" was awful enough of a song by itself and that horrid night of hearing it to insanity makes me cringe every time I hear it.

Speaking of Red Lobster, John, Brooke and I went there tonight. John was dying for some crab legs. I don't necessarily love going there because people that I used to work with come sit at our table and talk to us for much of the time. While I enjoy seeing them, it's not really like going out for a family dinner. It's like going to dinner with all of them. People kept asking me when I was coming back. It felt SO good to tell them that I wasn't returning. I do miss being a waitress, though. It was work that I found enjoyable and it was something that I was actually good at. The money was phenomenal too. I could easily go back for a few nights a week and make some awesome money, but Brooke is too important for me to leave her. I value our time together way too much to want to even think about leaving her.

Well, we now have Super Nintendo and Mario 1, 2, and 3 plus The Lost Levels. My baby's sleeping so I'm going to go satisfy my addiction. John and I look like such kids playing that game but it's just so much fun to resist.

1 comment:

rccalyn said...

Hi! I put up a few pictures for ya! I was hesitant to post them on that site because I never know who looks at it, but I'm confident enough that not too many people do, so there ya go!