Thursday, August 9, 2007

She's Into Everything!

Brooke's little inchworm crawl has improved immensely over the last couple of days. Now she goes wherever she wants and she manages to get there very quickly. She's also starting to get up on her knees to do a real crawl, but she's not quite there yet. This has all taken my by complete surprise because I didn't think babies moved around like this at this age. I need to get my butt in gear and baby-proof my house. So far a few of John's police papers have been the only victims of her new found stage of exploration. However, I know that many more things will be next if I don't get a move on it!

I believe we are going through the 6-month growth spurt now. ALL Brooke has done today is eat! She also woke up 3 times last night to eat. So not like her! I almost feel like we are in the beginning days because we seem to be nursing as much as we did then.

Man.. I feel like we have come up on so much new territory with Brooke these last couple of weeks. The teeth, the "crawling," and all of her new talking have all happened in the same time span. Next week she's turns 6-months and that will open up the new worry of solid feeding. HOW DID SHE GET THIS BIG??

Through it all, I still think that being a mommy is the best job ever. I just love being here for every second of this little girl's life. Isn't it amazing to watch them bloom? I wouldn't trade it for anything.

1 comment:

Alison said...

She is getting so big! I can remember that late night in labor and delivery. We could hear her screaming from the operating room! My, how she's changed!

You'd better get to babyproofing those cabinets - I learned the hard way!!