Monday, August 6, 2007

Brooke in a Nutshell

Well, I just typed about my busy weekend and low and behold, my silly baby somehow deleted it. She's just enamored by the keyboard, which makes blogging with her on my lap next to impossible anymore. It was so much easier when she would just nurse the whole time! Lol!

Because I don't think that I'm up to totally retyping the same thing over, I'll just give an update on Brooke.

-She has had a total verbal explosion over the last couple of weeks. She babbles constantly! Now she says actual syallables and fragments of words. She says "ma ma ma" over and over again. She can also say "ba." These seem to come out more when she's excited or when she's mad.

-She's almost sitting completely up by herself. She needs a little assistance from time-to-time, but we're almost there!

-She rolls EVERYWHERE and gets mad when she rolls into things.

-She now scoots herself forward like an inch worm. It's not a crawl and it's not an army crawl. It's something though... Lol!

-She is now going down consistently at 9:30. We've been putting her in her crib and she'll sleep there until about 12. She comes back into bed with me and wakes at around 7 to eat and then goes immediately back down until 9:30 or so. We're slowly transitioning from co-sleeping. One step at a time.

-She took getting her first tooth pretty hard and was completely miserable for days. Now that it's cut, she's back to happy Brooke:-)

-Her favorite place in the world seems to be on her daddy's shoulders.

Well, I could go on and on about how quickly she's growing, but I just don't have the time! Hell's Kitchen's finale is on tonight. I must go get ready!!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Ugh! Don't you hate it when computers mess up! How maddening!

I'm so glad to be able to see little Miss Brooke growing up and doing new things. It really is just the coolest thing in the world.