Monday, August 13, 2007

Napping Frustrations

It's been a really busy couple of days. John had Saturday and Sunday off so it's been go, go, go. The last 2 nights we've gone over to Alison's house so Luke and John could play Super Mario World. They're addicted. They finally beat it and I can't say that I'm heartbroken! Lol! It's a lot of fun being over there because Al and I give the kids their bath together and the guys seem to enjoy being together as well.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can make Brooke nap better? She's an awesome night sleeper and we've made tremendous headway on cutting out the co-sleeping and for her to be able self-soothe. I can't complain about nighttime one single bit. However, during the day, I cannot get this kid to nap. She really won't even nap all that well when I hold her, so I'm not concerned about getting her to nap in her crib.. I'm concerned about getting her to nap period. Maybe it's my fault because we're out and about so much? Maybe she's just getting way too many power naps in the car, which make her feel energized. I don't know what it is, but I do know that I need to make some sort of adjustment to help her out this area. She'll be 6 months old on Wednesday, which in my opinion, is old enough to establish a more solid routine. This mommy thing is hard work!

Brooke is so close to crawling now. She gets on her knees and rocks and then she crawls very briefly before putting her knees down to do her inchworm crawl. She's almost there and I can't believe my eyes every time I look at my mobile baby.

Well John's working tonight from 5-8, so I'm flying solo. He won't be home until 3:30 this afternoon and then he has to leave at 4:20, so I I won't be seeing much of him at all today. I'm so thankful to have such a hard working husband that supports us! I think I would rather be broke and have him here more! Ha! In my dreams, maybe.

I'm off to do some laundry and all of that fun wifey stuff. The work never ends!

No comments: