Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I Love John:-)

Tonight I was at church getting ready for dinner. It was about 10 millions degrees in there and I was REALLY busy. I was kind of stressed that everything wouldn't get done because I was looking after both Brooke and Nathan, on top of trying to accomplish all of my other tasks. I was sweating and frantic and in walked my husband. At the risk of soundy sappy or "lovey-dovey, " seeing him was honestly enough to perk me up. After hugging me and kissing me he took Brooke, which was amazing, and then told me to go look in the car.

I broke free from the chaos that was happening inside and went out to the car. In there was the most beautiful bright orange daises. To accompany them was the most thoughtful card. No, it's not our anniversary or any other special occasion. It was simply a card to let me know that my hard work as a housewife and mother does not go unnoticed and that I am loved. It made my world.

Before Brooke was born, I would often wonder how she would change our marriage when she arrived. When I was pregnant, people would try to explain the impact a child makes on a marriage, but until you experience it yourself, I don't think that one can really understand just how enormous of an impact it truly is. Though the first few weeks and months proceeding Brooke's birth were a gigantic adjustment, ultimately we have become stronger as a couple. We have learned to juggle her together and how to share the responsibilities in raising her. We have also somehow managed how to keep one another first. It's easy to become so wrapped up in your child that your forget about your partner's needs. However, once you realize that it is imperative to place your marriage as THE top priority it becomes easier to be the team of wonderful parents that your baby demands. Watching John be a daddy to our baby is one of the greatest joys I have ever known.

Well, now that I just grossed you all out with my obsessing over John, I will get going! Lol! I hope all of you are doing well:-)

No comments: