Friday, August 24, 2007

He's Got the Whole World in His Hands!

Our nighttime bed routine consists of singing a melody of songs. I sing "My Girl," "Jesus Loves Me (except we say Jesus loves Brooke),"Cheer Up Sleepy Jean," "He is Able," "I Cast All My Cares Upon You," "Welcome to the Family," and finally "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands." Anyways, the last song is my favorite because we go through all Brooke's family members. We sing about Baby Brooke, Cousin Nathan, Aunts and Uncles, Grandmas and Grandpas, and Mama and Daddy. Last night, as I sat there rocking my beautiful little girl to sleep, I looked down at her as I sang those words and it hit me. God really DOES have all of us in His hands! Those words are not just words to a lullaby.. They're true!

Isn't it so humbling and amazing to know that the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords cares about our needs, our fears and our families just as much as he cares about anyone in the universe? It is so incredible to me to think about how special we are to Him, even though we often feel like just a tiny, sometimes insignificant, speck in this enormous world.

I always put Brooke in her crib apprehensively because I worry about SIDS and about her being in her bed by herself. However, how can I sing "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" and not trust and allow God to take over and watch Brooke through the night? I want my children to SEE my faith in me first hand and not just to HEAR about it. I suppose that this is the first step toward that goal of giving my children to God.

All in all, I'm sure glad that God has a plan for my life and for Brooke's life, too. I don't know how people do it by themselves without the help of God. It's so scary to raise kids in a world where kids get shot a school, do drugs, and engage in all types of other horrific behaviours. Isn't it good to know that we're in His hands?

No comments: