Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Squash Is Good!

Tonight we gave Brooke squash for the first time! I started her with a half of one of those Gerber plastic containers. I didn't think she would eat more than a bite or two, but she devoured it. I was really impressed! She didn't make any awful faces or gag like she did when we tried to feed her bananas. The squash was a big hit so yay for us! :-)

My parents went out today and bought us a convertible carseat for Brooke. A big girl carseat... I just can't believe it! I felt bad that my parents did that for us but they insisted. Anyways, they got us the Evenflo Triumph Deluxe, which is a very nice seat, if I do say so myself. It's a nice fabric and it seems to look very plush and comfortable. We didn't get around to installing it tonight because John had court but we'll get it the car sooner or later. I'm not sure if it will go in John's car or mine. Decisions, decisions! I am dreading the transition because I know that this means that Brooke will no longer get naps while we're out and that if she falls asleep somewhere we won't have a place to put her while she rests. I'm afraid that this won't be fun because we're now going to have really work on a napping routine and not be out of the house as much. Brooke NEEDS sleep and I absolutely refuse to deprive her of it.

About being out of the house a lot... I LOVE my life of going to see my mom for lunch and going to mall, Target, Babies R Us, or Wal Mart to kill time. I love going to my sister's house also. However, lately I just feel like I need to be spending more time at the home playing with Brooke and alowing her more free time, and of course, a solid nap time. I'm thinking that because Brooke is my first baby I have been trying to make her adjust to MY lifestyle, when in reality, I should be making adjustments to accomodate her lifestyle. I'm thiking that I need to slow down the pace a little bit. I'm thinking that I'm going to get some new cookbooks and try some things during our time at home.

Well my husband's on his way hom now. Hooray! I can't wait to have some adult company...

No comments: