Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Exploring New Territory!

Ever since Brooke has been on the prowl she's been very apprehensive of going into the kitchen. I think that it scares her because we have wood floors in there, which are cold and hard, as opposed to the plush carpet she's accustomed to playing on. Anyways, yesterday she came into the kitchen to explore a box of water bottles I had on the floor. That captivated her for about 10 minutes. Today she came all the way to the dishwasher, which was a huge feat for her. She even ventured back in the kitchen later on tonight. She somehow found her way under a chair and she seemed to be intrigued by that as well. How exciting the world must be to her! In a baby's eyes, there are so many new things to figure out.

Brooke gagged on her green beans yesterday. I'm not really sure why because she tolerated them prior to that. I had always mixed her veggies with some rice cereal because the cereal is enriched with iron and it's supposed to help the reflux. Well, today I tried them without the cereal and she ate almost half a container. Yay! I was very impressed.

Well, speaking of Brooke, she's screaming in the other room now. I don't know what her deal has been today. She's been extremely grumpy and fussy. I looked for signs of more teeth but I couldn't find any. Hopefully tomorrow will be a less tiring day for me! We go to the doctor on Friday so it's good to know that if she doesn't perk up then we already have an appointment to check her out.

One week from today we will be in FLORIDA!!!!!! We're so, so excited! We're going to relax and have such a wonderful time.

John's days off are tomorrow and Thursday. I'm going to go watch a movie with him now. It should be fun!

1 comment:

alissa kay said...

where in florida will you be?