Tuesday, July 31, 2007

And the Screaming Continues...

These last couple of days have been rough, to say the least. Brooke has been completey miserable, grumpy, and inconsolable. She hasn't been running a fever or anything but something is bothering her for sure.

Yesterday she had periods of CONSTANT screaming throughout the day and last night, to put the icing on the cake, she screamed straight from 9-11. When she has these fits, she stiffens up and arches her back. NOTHING will make her happy. This causes me to wonder if she's in some sort of pain. She also hasn't been sleeping very well at night, which is not like her at all. She has been up at least 3 to 4 times a night for the last several nights. This morning she woke up and screamed for a good hour and a half. Finally I gave her Tylenol to see if anything was hurting her and she took a nice long nap and woke up happy. After that short period of happiness and a few giggles and smiles here and there, she's pretty miserable.

I know that there's been a sore throat bug going around, so I'm wondering if that could be a contributing factor to this. I'm just not sure what has my precious little girl so upset!

Anyways, I'm SO thankful that John has had these last couple of days off to help me with Brooke. He's awesome with her and he's been very reassuring and helpful during my times of utter exhaustion and frustration. He goes back to work tomorrow and I'm hoping that Brookie wakes up happy and that she's back to her happy-go-lucky, easy-to-please self.

1 comment:

Alison said...

I don't know what to think about Brookie's change in disposition! It could be that she's not feeling well, but that would have to be a pretty long-lasting bug. My experience with teething is that the kid can have pain for months before a tooth pops through, so that could be it, although I don't think it'd make her THAT miserable.

Well, when in doubt, take her to the doctor. I don't know what else to tell you - you're the mommy and you should always trust your instinct!

I hope she feels better soon. We'll be together tomorrow, so I'll be around to hopefully ease the burden of having to keep her happy on your own.

Love you! Hang in there!